This recipe is compliments of The Raw Food Institute of Australia Base ½ cup Medjool dates 1 ½ cups almonds 1 tsp vanilla essence Caramel ½ cup tahini ½ cup maple syrup ¼ cup coconut oil 1 tsp vanilla essence Large pinch Himalayan salt Chocolate topping 3-4 tbsp raw...
- 2 cups carrot pulp
- 1/2 cup Vegennaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Hajiki seaweed or 2 Tbsp dulse flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions or scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash, Spike or 21 seasoning
Here’s what you do
- Save the carrot pulp left over from carrot juicing. It will store for several days in the refrigerator.
- Soak the Hajiki seaweed for at least 20 minutes in 1/4 cup purified water or until it has re-hydrated. Drain and squeeze off excess water from the seaweed before adding to the carrot pulp.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
This incredibly tasty blend can be used in any manner that canned tuna is used.
Compliments of Living SuperFood Recipe book by Chef Keidi Awadu
2 large ripe mangoes, flesh cut into squares
2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced
1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeno, or a pinch of Ta’s Scotch Bonnet Pepper seasoning
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
juice of 1/2 orange
juice of 1 lime, plus zest
1 tsp salt
Here’s what you do
Add all ingredients, toss, and serve. Super quick! Super easy! Definitely super delicious!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz.) package Hy-Vee Select Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
Here’s what you do:
- Bring water to a boil with kosher salt, stir in Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in soy milk, honey, cranberries and orange zest. Mix well and adjust sweetness to taste. Garnish with toasted almonds before serving.
Serves 4 (about 1 cup each)
Nutrition Facts per serving: 310 calories, 5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 16g sugar, 12g protein.
Source: Hy-Vee Select Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes package