Here’s what you need:
2 cups raw cashews
Here’s what you do:
1. Place cashews in a glass jar or bowl. Cover with cool water and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
2. Drain water and rinse cashews. Place cashews in a blender or food processor and add about one cup of fresh, cool water. (Note: Use less water–about ¼ cup””for a thicker consistency, like frosting. Use more water–about 3 cups–for a thinner consistency, like milk. Using 1 cup will create a heavy cream that can be drizzled on desserts or fruit.)
3. Makes about 3 cups.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
4 Great Ways to Kick Up Cashew Cream
3. Electrify your sandwich with a spicy/savory cashew cream spread: Add 1 to 1 tsp. of wasabi powderor pepper (black, red or both!).
4. Pizza, anyone? Make a cashew “cheese”: Add ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes and freshly ground pepper to taste.